Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February begins! Days 1-4

Days 1-2:  These two days were spent teaching my kids how to garnish and create fruit art.  I know it sounds kind of lame, but we had a blast.  I had them go through all of my garnish books, pick one they liked, and teach the rest of the class how to make it.  We made birds, turtles, smoothie cups, orange curls, lemon butterflies, lime twists, and even sugar flowers.  Pictured above are a few of my favorites.  
Day 3: Today was pretty eventful.  To start things off I was asked to judge the area 2 FCCLA competition at Weber State.  I had a lot of fun judging all of the awesome portfolios and getting to know my co workers a bit better.  After competition my parents and grandparents took Danny and I to Union Grill for an early birthday dinner.  It was a great start to a wonderful birthday weekend.  

Day 4:  Today was my 23rd birthday... I feel so old.  I kept realizing throughout the day that I have to world's best husband.  He went above and beyond to make my birthday special, I don't think he realized how much it meant it me.  The day started with me sleeping in :) and opening my birthday presents.  Danny got me a new planner, a watch, and tickets to a play! After presents we drove to Layton to the sweet tooth fairy bakery.  For those of you who don't know, I love bakeries more than most things in this world.  Whenever we travel I have to find a local bakery and compare their red velvet to the kind found at temptations (so far no bakery can top it).  So I was very excited to go to a new bakery for my birthday.  The red velvet was alright but their cake bites were incredible, I think I'll definitely have to go back someday! After the bakery we drove to salt lake to go shopping and to lunch at Moochies.  Danny bought me my first pair of cow boy boots.... I love them! After shopping we went to my favorite Italian restaurant, Zucca.  If you've never been there you need to try it, it will change your life (I'm hungry just thinking about it).  Crazy busy day full of so many new fun memories.  Thanks for everything Dano, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment