Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A bunch at once! Days 23-31


Well things have been a little nuts for us since I've started teaching.  I'm way behind on the blog... but don't worry because I have been taking pictures! Here are all of the pictures I've taken since my last post.  Enjoy!
Day 23: This was the first day I opened Cafe on the Ridge! I was so nervous but I've come to find that I love restaurant days the most.  It gives the kids so much creative freedom, it's truly amazing the things that they come up with.  I think I must have the best job in the entire world!
Day 24: This was a Tuesday mutual night! I love these girls so much, I feel so lucky that they let me hang out with them every week.  We were doing pedicures, so much fun!
Day 25: This was the day of the potato dilemma at school.  I had planned for all of my foods classes to make oven fries for them to practice their knife skills.  It just so happened that my Pro Start students had decided to use potatoes in their menu this day as well.  In the back pantry there were several huge bags of potatoes so i thought that I would be more than prepared for all the potato festivities.  Well when I went to collect all of these potatoes I found that all of them were spoiled!!!  I had 150 kids making fries and a restaurant to stock THIS COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE HAPPENING!!! Luckily I have made the best friends at North Ridge and one of the sweet secretaries volunteered to make a potato run.  Thank you Sherri i don't know what I would have done without you!
Day 26: Today I came home from school and decided to clean my neglected kitchen.  Sometimes after I cook all day long its hard for me to come home and want to cook for us.  I truly believe that there is nothing nicer than a clean kitchen :)

Day 27:  Today my amazing pro start students participated in a "chopped" cooking challenge.  Right now we are learning about different types of meat and how to cook the different cuts.  I split the class into four teams, each were assigned a different meat to work with.  They had to make up all of the recipes they used and let me just say that they came up with some awesome stuff! The top dish was a citrus Talapia with island rice green beans and ricotta baggets.  And the steak dish was accompanied with a Parmesan baked potato and carrots in Marsala sauce.  I think I may say this too much but I really think i have the best job in the world.  
Day 28: Well today I must admit that I forgot to take a picture.  But I think this is alright because then it give me an excuse to post a beautiful picture that I could have never taken.  Tonight our ward went to do baptisms for the dead for one of our member's family names.  It was such a neat experience to be in the temple with our ward doing such a great work!  Before we got married I used to go to the Logan temple every week to do baptisms, so it was nice to be back to remember how precious that time was to me.  I love having this temple so close to us, what a blessing!
Day 29: Tonight Elder Holland came to the spectrum at Utah State to speak for the annual Joesph Smith Memorial fireside.  We were going to go home this Sunday but I'm sure glad that we stayed.   So many memories I have of the spectrum include lots of loud, rude, obnoxious cheering so this was a definite welcome change to feel such a strong spirit there.   It was so neat to listen to an apostle speak directly to our little corner of the world.
Day 30:  So This particular Monday I spent the night at my parents house.  One of the things I miss most about living at home are the little guys I left behind.  I know he's not very little any more but Gavin will always be my darling baby brother, and i miss having him around all the time.  This picture was actually taken in December at Christmas village but I liked it better than the one I took of us for this day.  I'm glad that I have such a wonderful family and such good relationships with all of my brothers.  Love you guys!
Day 31:  Another night with my cute young women.  Tonight was Amy's birthday so we thought she deserved a fun party with lots of treats.  Happy Birthday Amy, I hate that you are 18 now but I'm glad we get to keep you until the end of the summer.  Love you girly!

No comments:

Post a Comment